Relax at Luckley Farm
Various alterations have occurred over the years since Luckley was extended by Lord Leigh in 1795 following the Longborough enclosure awards. The fine Cotswold Stone structures stand firm around the central courtyard, where the white doves continue to nest in the dovecotes. You should see horses, sheep and cattle in the fields nearby, geese and hens, many song birds, and sightings of wild fauna. With over 100 species of original Cotswold flora also you have plenty to keep an eye open for. If you are an early riser you may glimpse racehorses being put through their paces by Martin and Belinda Keighley, National Hunt trainers, now training on facilities set up at Luckley by the successful late David Nicholson.
Luckley is set in the heart of the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty of the North Cotswolds, only a few miles from such familiar names as Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Camden, Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water and Moreton in Marsh. So you can exp[lore these place and in the evening relax at Luckley Farm.
Relax At Luckley Farm
For Enjoyment and Peace
- Gardens, patios, gas bbqs, outdoor settings
- All weather tennis court
- Games room (pool table, table tennis, table football, air hockey)
- Large heated swimming pool (open June – Sept)
- Boule Piste
- Local country pub, The Coach and Horses, Ganborough, serving the very local Donnington Ale.
- 3-mile walk through designated environmentally sensitive area boasting over 140 species of Cotswold flora. (The Country Code applies for walking dogs).
For The Children
- Cotswold Farm Park
- Cotswold Widlife Park
- Toddington Steam Railway
- The Model Village
- The Falconry centre
- Chedworth Roman Villa
- Donnington or Bibury Trout Farm
- Chipping Norton Theatre (for Christmas pantos and school holiday activities).
Within Easy reach
Cotswold Wildlife Park
Stow on the Wold
Bourton on the Water
Cotswold Farm Park
- Food, shopping, art, antiques and sightseeing within a few miles in the Cotswold villages of Stow on the Wold, Chipping Campden, Broadway, Bourton on the Water, Moreton in Marsh and more.
- Clay pigeon shooting, archery, quad biking, paintballing, horse riding, bike riding, golf, 4X4 off road, Lapstone Spa, all nearby.
- Longborough Festival Opera, Cheltenham Racecourse, Daylesford Organic, Batsford Arboretum, Hidcote Manor Gardens, Kiftsgate, Sezincote House and gardens, Broadway Tower, Sudeley Castle, Snowshill Manor, Chastleton House, Blenheim Palace, Chadlakes Fishery, Lemington Lakes, Sherbourne Estate, Rollright Stones, Stanway House and fountain, Hook Norton Brewery, Warwick Castle, Stratford Upon Avon, Oxford.